10 Best Footrests for Home Office or Regular Office & Footrest Buying Guide
Not many people know about the power of footrests (also known as foot rests (although, the Oxford Dictionary has chosen “footrest” as the correct form)).
If you have experienced back pain or any other discomfort because of
an uncomfortable position, footrests can become the solution you were searching for.
What are footrests and are they worth it? They are ergonomically
designed comfort “pillows” for your feet. Although don’t be misled by the
phrase “pillows”. Only some of the footrests are made from soft foam-like material, others are made from harder material like plastic, each with their own benefits. They also come in different shapes and sizes.
Below you will find:
- Insightful footrest buying guide, where we highlight the main features to consider when choosing your footrest
- Top 10 list with great footrests and reviews about these top 10 picks, so you can find one that best suits your needs.
Footrest Buying Guide
Factors To Consider When Buying Ergonomic Footrest for office or work from home
There are many ergonomic footrests in the market. And each of them is different in one way or another. Here is the list of main features that differentiate all footrests. Use these differences to find the footrest that will be the most comfortable for you.
Most footrests are made from plastic or soft foam. Some of them use combination of both (hard surface with optional foam pad). There are also footrests that are made from wood. Just select the material that feels the most comfortable for you.
Some footrests come in one fixed height, while most of the footrests have 2-4 height settings that can be used to find the most comfortable position. We would suggest choosing footrest that has at least 2 height settings to ensure that you can adjust it to fit your needs.
Angle adjustment & rocking feature
Static foot rests (made from soft foam) don’t have any mechanic to adjust the angle, however, they have the curved arch shape, which provides similar effect to other footrests that have built in angle adjustment mechanism. Some footrests also come with a rocking feature which can be annoying for some, while loved by others. In overall, the rocking feature encourages additional movement which helps stimulate circulation and reduces fatigue throughout the day.
Most footrests are similarly sized, but some are bit smaller, which can be uncomfortable if you like to keep your feet at different positions. Meanwhile some other footrests have large surfaces which will offer extra comfort (but they will take up more space).
It is also important to consider your budget before making your decision. Fortunately, in case of footrests, they all fall into a similar price range so you can really focus on the main features which you would like to have in the footrest.
Our Top 10 Footrests for Home Office and Regular Office
- Premium velvet material for all day comfort
- ErgoFoam High-density foam for firmer support
- Wider than other footrests
- Recommended by US Chiropractic Doctors
- The shape isn’t comfortable for everyone, might fell too small and narrow
- Premium memory foam for the best comfort
- Heat responsive technology
- Shaped for better arch support of your feet
- Thick padding for additional support and non-slip bottom
- Foam is made from certified and safe materials
- Size doesn't adjust so it is not truly 100% fit for all feet sizes
- Unique texture surface for massage
- Adjustable angle (back and forth)
- Scratch proof rubber pads
- The surface doesn’t lock in position and therefore has a rocking feature (which can be annoying for some)
- Ergonomic curved design
- High quality and comfortable flannel-like material
- Rubberized bottom to prevent slipping and easy-to-carry handle
- Arrives in vacuum bag, so need to give some extra time for it to regain its original shape
- Some other users have reported the foam being too soft (which is comfortable but doesn’t always provide the firm support).
- More durable than any other footrest on the market
- 3 different modes
- 4 different height options
- Foldable for more convenient transportation
- The adjusting can be tricky
- The detachable pad doesn’t sit too good on the top of the footrest
- Wider than other competitors
- Non-slip top surface and anti-slip rubber grip bottoms
- Made from wood offering much higher weight capacity
- Can also be used with standing desks
- The rocking feature might not be for everyone
- Comes with two different covers
- Ergonomic and comfortable design thanks to high-quality foam
- Easy to remove and cab be machine washed.
- Footrest is small and isn't suited for most office chairs
- Features massaged textured surface and roller
- Can be tilted to find the most comfortable position
- Has 3 different height settings
- If you move your feet around, it might feel wobbly and less stable on hard floor
- Large non-skid surface for maximum comfort
- Optional rocking feature for extra motion
- Easy to assemble
- Adjustable angle
- Plastic surface sometimes creates annoying noise when you move around your feet or use the rocking feature
- Doesn’t stay in place on some ground surfaces
- Free floating platform for movement of your feet
- Complies with the European Health and Safety Legislation ergonomic requirements
- Made from 99% recycled plastic.
- Unstable on some hard-surfaced floors
We hope that you found our footrest review and buying guide useful and that it will help you find the most comfortable footrest for you.